Tuesday, January 3, 2012

Getting through the week

Isn't always amazing how so much hard work can be undone with much less work?

This week, with New Years festivities, and my birthday, and the kids returning home, I'd wait and do my meal planning.  My daughter begged for lasagna, so I made it.  The New Years Party was another excuse.  But truly there are no excuses.  I gained the 10 lbs I lost last week back this week.  Much of it is probably water weight because I also forgot to take my blood pressure medicine, but it's back on track for me today. (Even if it is my birthday).

Depression and stress are reeking havoc on my resolve.  Some days I just don't feel like I have the strength to do it. Other days I just plain forget until I'm halfway through something I probably shouldn't be eating. My 'new' habits aren't quite habits yet, but I'll be working on that.  Anyway, back to it today. I only fail if I quit.

No comments:

Post a Comment