Saturday, December 31, 2011

The Day After the Date

Well, I switched my weight in day to today (Saturday) each week, so in 6 days I've lost 10 lbs.  Im pleased with that number.  I'd hoped to lose a couple more pounds yesterday, but since I DID have a date, and we DID go to a fabulous new Italian Restaurant, I'm pleased with no GAIN for the day!

Rather than have a shake this morning, I ate a bagel and cream cheese and some cantaloupe.  Thats 11 Points Plus points. I plan today on having a shake for lunch and eating a little at the New Years Party tonight.  I look forward to cutting loose a little this evening and ringing in a new year full of new possibilities.

I'm really struggling right now with what direction I want my life to take this year. As I may have mentioned before, I was in a car accident in 2010, and have been wanting out of nursing.  So for the last 6 months I've been apprenticing as a dog groomer.  At first I enjoyed it, but now I'm not so sure.  Having finally received my settlement from Workers Comp, I have the choice of dropping a large chunk of it into renovating my garage into a grooming salon, or really evaluating my options and possibly going back to school. I just don't really know what I'd want to go back to school for.  I've thought about psychology to become a therapist.  I'd be good at it and it would surely be easy on my body.  I would love to take some writing courses and try my hand at writing again, but my creative talents are so hit and miss lately.  I used to be able to write constantly, but now I'm having difficulty creating characters.  Maybe I just need to write a little every day. I think my blogs help me acheive that goal without feeling the pressure to write for a given period of time.  And why am I putting all of this on this particular blog? Well, I want to track my relationship with food, and my feelings and stressers are a big part of that.  So I'll frequently be sharing bits of my life here too.

There I go rambling again.  I guess it's time to get back to the task at hand, namely cleaning house so that I can start off the new year in a sparkling environment.  HAPPY NEW YEAR everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment