Thursday, December 29, 2011

Giving Visalus a try


Yesterday I stopped to visit with a friend and she told me that she is using the ViSalus shakes. This friend suffers from a myriad of health problems, including fibromyalgia. She says that since she started taking the shakes, she feel so much better, with more energy and less pain.  And of course the weight loss.  

I tend to be a skeptical person.  I believe weightloss only comes with hard work and knowledge of nutrition, which is why I keep going back to weight watchers, but after much encouragement, I decided to go ahead and give it a try. I'll still track everything I eat/drink on my weight watchers log and keep the habit, but I'm going to monitor my loss closely.

Not long ago I attended a ViSalus party to see what it was all about. I have to admit, I'm not too impressed by pyramid marketing schemes. I have no interest in selling the product. I just want to see if what all my friends are saying is true (and no, I wouldn't jump off a bridge if everyone else did lol)  The worst that can happen is I try it for a month and don't like it. If it helps, all the better.  

So this morning I tried my own concoction of orange juice and strawberries with the powder.  By the middle of the glass I was feeling very full. It took everything in me to finish drinking it.  We'll see how it sticks with me through the day.  I'm going to eat something at lunch and try another shake at dinner.  I'll be sure to keep you posted.

No comments:

Post a Comment